The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Life - "School" Trip

My entire outfit went on a trip to improve intra-departmental integration and boost morale. More than six months after the merger (a hostile takeover, more like) the logistics and personnel people are still not really integrated, since they still mostly don't actually work with each other (yet).

It was two days in the north including:

  1. Playing treasure hunt in Ramat Hanadiv Memorial Gardens
  2. Kayaking in Kfar Blum
  3. Partying in some club in Qiryat Shemona
  4. Wading through the balls-freezing waters of Nahal Snir (Hatzbani) trying not to break our necks on the dangerous rocks.
    Highly recommended, provided you have sturdy shoes that won't come off in water and medics at the ready.
  5. More partying on the Gai Beach in Tiberias

Fun was had by all, considering the twenty-ish average age and high number of females (for an IT outfit, anyway), even the unlucky female developer who (while inebriated) had landed badly on the dance floor and fractured something in her foot.

I've met a youngish Buffy-fan chick who sang songs from "Once More, with Feeling" and can't wait for The Rocky Horror Picture Show (both at ICon*).

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice a similarity between Willow Rosenberg and Luna Lovegood?

*—House points to the first person to find me in the pictures and post a comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you!

with ender's shadow (in Hebrew? why??)

in uniform (yeah, I did that too) and no looking very happy.

Well, see you there (perhaps)

Wolf550e said...

I look like that because of the very long line. It was very long because everyone wanted to get a book signed.

I didn't have a hardcopy of anything of his so I had to buy one, and they didn't have any in English at the con or at nearby book stores. It's probably the only sci-fi book I own in Hebrew.

I've been carying your book with me! Apropos, I need to review it...

Wolf550e said...

Neither sword nor phazer; I am with a fearsome book! (see comment above)

The word verification was enabled to fight spam bots. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I suppose it's worse for you than for other, but it sucks for us all. Death to spam!

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++