The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Friday, May 14, 2004

Personal - Soundtrack

I think I've blogged about moving to a different office. I sit in a room provided by the client - three of us, a civilian analyst and a girl from the client's side. She's the person in the general staff in charge with finding and getting people whose work can be interrupted to do unusual and/or unexpected jobs - say an honor guard for a state visit reception requires a couple dozen good looking guys in dress uniform. She finds out both flight school cadets and navy officer's school cadets are busy, so she gets some elite intel. course to fill in. My two team mates and our analyst are often out so I'm frequently alone with her. She's a nice girl, with only one major problem: she can't stop talking. That's why her department had her moved into that room - "let the coders suffer, we have work to do". Of all the people to ever sit there, I suffer the least and actually get along quite well with her. She's been talking about missing her boyfriend (whom I gather she sees only on weekends) and filling blanks in my musical education (Green Day). I've brought some CDs I had lying around home (Enya, Mike Oldfield and Enigma). She asked to borrow the Enigma CD for the weekend. It's titled "Love Sensuality Devotion". Why do I think she's right now shagging her boyfriend silly with that exact CD in the background? And no, I’m not jealous of the boyfriend.

2 comments:

Wolf550e said...

Looks like comments are working! Too bad this comments posting form isn't part of my page, so it can be styled... :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the anonymous, haven't a clue what my password on blog was. That should tell you who this is. Anywho...Green Day. Quick story. They got their start in the Detroit Area at an underground club called St. Andrew's Hall. My sister was quite a regular there. So much in fact that she got to know the groups quite well. Too well if you ask me. One summer I got a call from the police department (father chief of police) that went something like this...

"Hey Lou, your dad is up north right?"

"Yea, who is this?"

"Officer Libaracki, we just got a complaint about loud music at your dads. Your sister maybe?"

"Yep, she's home. I'll walk over (had apartment couple blocks away) and tell her to turn it down."

"Thanks, didn't want to piss the chief off by sending a car to his house."

So of course I head over only to find it was a bit more than the stereo. She had the entire band Green Day set up in our living room so they could practice for the evening’s performance. I walked in on her dyeing one of the band member’s hair green.
.

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++