The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Friday, August 15, 2003

The Internet is a great thing, but not even google can tell you what you're supposed to read and learn from this massive pile of shit. If I had read Neal Stephenson's "In the Beginning was the Command Line" three years ago, my life would probably have been different. Or maybe, I wasn't ready for it yet. BTW, being all sentimental about the SSHPF reminded me that the aforementioned essay confirms many claims I have clumsily made in several political/philosophical discussions (aka flames) on those boards. Of course I argued with unenlightened fools and do not have an award winning and bestselling gift with words, but never the less - I was right. Vindicated, at last. This amount of progress suggests that it is possible for me to become a whole person in a few years. On a different topic: Found a couple of fics archived at GT.net that were deemed worthy of my preciousss time. I believe a common characteristic of all shippers is self insertion, escapism and wishful thinking. In my early teens I have been a big noromo, and now I�m a complete shipper. I know why. Now I wonder what makes happily coupled people ship. Is it boredom?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++