The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Friday, May 20, 2005

Personal - Book meme

I was named by Lou, so now that I have time I shall do her bidding.
  1. Total number of books I've owned: I've counted 50 on the shelves. I have no idea how many more are still packed in boxes (no shelf space in the rented place). I don't count the pirated eBooks, or my parents' library.
  2. The last book I bought: a preorder of HBP, actually.
  3. The last book I read: see last post.
  4. Five books that mean a lot to me:
    1. The Potter books, obviously. For all I've lost and gained in Fandom.
    2. Dune
    3. LMB's Vorkosigan books
    4. A book in Hebrew I received as a gift in 4th grade about a Jewish boy who survives alone in a ghetto in Poland during WWII. Being a children's book, it had a happy ending.
    5. I loved Robinson Crusoe as a child. And consequently had a rather mad wish to build a tree house for the longest time.
    It's interesting to note that what I liked most about those books is how the hero manages on his own. The rest are… supporting characters. Damn, that's sad.
  5. Tag five people and have them fill this out:
    1. Teri
    2. Emily
    3. Rebecca
    4. Leslie
    5. acemyth

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++