The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Cool - Movie: Revenge Of The Nerds

I laughed out loud at some of the scenes and lines while watching this flick. It's a classic, and I can't believe I've never seen it before. Some of the things I've actually heard/seen IRL.

What I don't understand is why it had to be pro-drugs, voyeurism, infidelity and premarital sex (though I honestly don't mind the later half as much as the first three). Also, it was too short, too cliché (for nowadays at least) and too predictable. The characters were underdeveloped "Made in China" cardboard cuts and the plot was too far fetched (not to sound trite, but "fiction, unlike real life, has to make sense").

To sum it up: Some of the lines are part of public consciousness, but don't feel compelled to waste 90 minutes of your life, unless you're a nerd and have nothing better to do.

Thanks for minding my well rounded education, Lou, but it didn’t make me feel better. :-(

1 comment:

Wolf550e said...

@Lou:

1. The legacy comments link is there so you could read comments left on the old ( = legacy) system, on posts created prior to the recent Blogger upgrade. For new posts that have the regular ( = new) comments link, please use those, I as want to remove the old comments ASAP.

2. The comments window has a nicely formatted message telling you to use square (instead of angle) brackets for markup within the comments. It's a common enough system for many BBS'/forums.

3. I've seen the article you've linked to, courtesy of Emily's blog - it's her sister in the photo, after all! :)

4. I'd love to fangirl vicariously through all you Wahleecon attendees by means of a DVD/CD/VHS.

5. RE: movie - I guess this is one of those times when it shows how young I am.

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++