The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Saturday, February 15, 2003

Hosting is dead, have no time to look for new one. Will switch to dumb template. If someone misses the old one - "tough, deal" (© IDF. By "deal" I mean get me a hosting service that supports remote images (I use it for remote .js files)) Classes are peeking up speed and will soon take 120% of my time, which is cool, but also sucks. I rediscovered why I hate VB and human-tongue algorithms. Semitic languages were NOT meant to be used for programming, and no amount of Sumeric legends will convince me in the opposite. The positive news is that people are proving to be as good as I expected. Moreover, I'm still the nerd. Makes me wonder where I have to get to find more people like me, and then consider the possibility that I am truly unique or at least my type is very rare. And then I have to wonder if I should try to fit in. There are 102 kinds of nerds in this world: those who grow up to be geeks and those who don't. I sometimes wonder which kind am I. Ramblin' Rover by Andy M. Stewart CHORUS: Oh, there're sober men in plenty, And drunkards barely twenty, There are men of over ninety That have never yet kissed a girl. But gie me a ramblin' rover, And fae Orkney down to Dover. We will roam the country over And together we'll face the world. CHORUS There's many that feign enjoyment From merciless employment, Their ambition was this deployment From the minute they left the school. And they save and scrape and ponder While the rest go out and squander, See the world and rove and wander And are happier as a rule. CHORUS I've roamed through all the nations Ta'en delight in all creation, And I've tried a wee sensation Where the company, did prove kind. And when partin' was no pleasure, I've drunk another measure To the good friends that were treasure For they always are in our minds. CHORUS If you're bent wi' arth-i-ritis, Your bowels have got colitis, You've gallopin' with bollockitis And you're thinkin' it's time you died, If you been a man of action, Though you're lying there in traction, You will get some satisfaction Thinkin', "Jesus, at least I tried." CHORUS There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't. Also, there are those who can live according to that song and those who can't. Do I contain something important for the human genome?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++