The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Friday, July 12, 2002

On the topic of hosting experiment failure: It's the server side compulsive banner code add-on to all .html files that made the archives JavaScript code crash. You see I use the <BlogArchiveFileName> file as a .js file, meaning no html code allowed, but if I make Blogger use the .js file extension on it the archive files will have it too. Blogger won't allow me to separate naming conventions for content and service modules. Stupid bloody Blogger. I've still separated out as much code as possible to be hosted externally to the main blog file, because of caching and redundancy issues, so it wasn't all a loss. We're learning. The color preset thing: in "Current->Theme" you can pick a ready template, adjust each of the 15 different colors it contains using the "apply", "save" and "discard" buttons and then save your temporary template into a cookie to be your default template for the site, and submit it to me through email (no typing needed) so I'll add it (like I've added Lynn's). The RGB <-> Hex calculator and demo window should help you with the color choosing tasks.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++