The boring rants of a lazy nerd

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

software/life

First of all, I have to say that I have been using XMMS for years now, and having discovered Amarok in Mark's essentials list I feel ashamed, because I realize I have been living in the dark ages. XMMS is basically WinAmp 0.9, the kind that was bundled with Netscape 4 IIRC, so it's quite dated by Q3 '06. Anyway, Amarok rocks, and MusicBrainz (integrated music fingerprint identification system) is awesome. And it's all free!

On a completely unrelated note, girls are a wonderful thing, because they don't have this competitive macho thing that's going on whenever young males interact. I find it very relaxing. So much so, that I'm even contemplating increasing my interaction with females up from "never" all the way to "occasionally", which is, admittedly, a very large step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So do I count as "female" in your books?
or is it that you haven't seen me for donkey's years, and therefore there's been no interaction?
I also wouldn't think Arieh is very macho...
anyway, if you come now you get an extra girl, no extra charge! she may not speak much (yet) but is worth seeing.
Anyway, aren't you overdue for changing your books? there's lots of Brin left to read :-)

About Me

GCS d- s-: a-- C++$ UL++ P+++ L+++ E--- W+++ N o? K? w++$ !O !M !V PS-(+) PE Y+ PGP+(-) t--@ 5++(+++) !X R-- tv-- b+>++ DI+++ D+ G e h! r* y--(-)>+++